Happy Monday friends!
We are down to couple more days until Christmas and if you’re still planning your Christmas menu then I got something quick, delicious, and super easy for you today. Or in my case if you still need to finish your Christmas shopping, these also double up as budget-friendly gifts for friends and family.
Spicy Maple Walnuts are one of the best things to snack on and only take 15 minutes of prep time. They are a perfect combination of sweet and salty with a hint of cinnamon.
I love serving these with my cheese plates, cocktails, or simply munching on them cuddled up on the couch with a fire in the background. Yes….that’s been happening a lot and I can’t complain. Tis’ the season….
You can make couple batches of these in no time. All it takes is some spices, pure maple syrup and your favorite nuts. I used walnuts because I love walnuts and I have way to much leftover from my 12 Days of Cookies extravaganza. But you can swap your favorite nut for the walnuts. I’ve used almonds before and they are just as tasty as as the walnuts.
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 cups walnuts
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, ground ginger, and ground cinnamon; set aside.
- Pour maple syrup into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, toast the walnuts, stirring constantly, until they are hot and lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Immediately add the nuts to the maple syrup and toss to coat. Stir in the spice mixture until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer and cool completely before serving.