Happy Friday guys! Oh, I’m so excited for this weekend. We’re supposed to get amazing weather and have a weekend packed with whole lotta stuff with friends and family! I swear good weather is free happy medicine.
I wanted to share this delicate and beautiful dessert. It’s perfect for your Mother’s Day festivities! It just screams warm weather and sophistication! It seems more complicated than it really is and if you want to impress your mama, this is the way to do it. It’s very kid friendly too. So get your little ones to help in the kitchen.
Fruit, mango mascarpone cream, and flaky, crispy layers of pastry. Oh, and even a little bit of chocolate! These babies pop right into your mouth. Addictive and dangerous. I mean it.
My sister, Olga shared this dessert with us over the Easter holiday and I just knew I had to share it with y’all. She used puff pasty sheets and then cut them into squares , which is an alternative option. I purchased ready to bake bite size cups as they are just cute and adorable. And I’m all about cute and adorable 🙂
What makes this recipe is the mango mascarpone cream. I mean fresh puréed mango mixed into the mascarpone and heavy cream is just so, so, heavenly delicious! Rich, fragrant, and creamy.
I topped it off with fresh raspberries stuffed with chocolate chip. Clever, ha? I had a proud moment there…not gonna lie . Any fruit works…blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, or even slices of fresh peach.
Enjoy and Happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas!
- 2 pkg. (9.5 oz each) Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Cups -24 ready to bake bite size cups
- 1 ripe mango, seeded, peeled and roughly sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar, optional
- Prepare puff pasty cups EXACTLY as indicated on the box. Cool.
- Add mango slices to a bowl of food processor and puree. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat heavy whipping cream with sugar until medium peaks form.
- Add mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth; stir in pureed mango.
- Spread mango mascarpone cream generously on top of each puff pastry cup, then top with fresh raspberry. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- These are best when served the same day.