Summer sweet corn paired with juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, and feta is the ultimate side dish. Fresh, easy, and feeds a crowd in no time!
Happy almost Memorial Day weekend! Let the grilling begin, right?! This week, I started the countdown on Facebook and Instagram to the first unofficial day of summer by sharing some of my all time favorite dishes to throw on the grill! Including spicy honey chicken + sweet potato kebabs, garlic shrimp skewers, and lemon garlic chicken kebabs. I hope you guys are hungry for more because today I’m sharing a new side that goes with just about everything!
This recipe was inspired by the one and only Ina Garten. Her Fresh Corn Salad recipe is to die for! She uses fresh corn with red onion and basil to create a simple yet absolutely satisfying summer side. The best part….is the dressing: apple cider vinegar + olive oil. I would’ve never thought that something simple as apple cider vinegar would compliment the salad so well. But it does!
I totally felt inspired to create my own salad with her simple dressing. I used fresh sweet corn and yes, fresh corn is the way to go. If you’re tempted to use frozen stuff, I warn you: do not, as you might be disappointed.
Fresh corn cooks pretty quickly! About 3 minutes is all you need. You want it tender with a slight bite. Then you toss the corn with juicy cherry tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, and feta. To the apple cider vinegar + olive oil dressing, I added pressed garlic. It gives a nice subtle punch to the salad. The dressing just might be my new favorite discovery. It compliments the sweetness of the corn in such a delicious way!
The taste is all sweet corn but then you get a bite of fresh herbs, little bit of salty feta, and slight acidity of the vinegar. All in a subtle way. Pair it with grilled chicken, shrimp, or even hamburgers!
I think I just found us a new favorite best friend for the summer 🙂
Make it. Snap it. Show it. Instagram @littlebrokenblog or snapchat → littlebrokenblg
- 5 ears of corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 pint sweet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, sliced (1/3 cup)
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove, pressed
- salt and black pepper
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add corn and boil for 3 minutes. Remove corn to a plate and cool just enough to handle. When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob, and place them in a large bowl. You should have approximately 4 cups of corn.
- Add the tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, and feta to the corn.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, and garlic. Pour over the salad and toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and chill for 15-30 minutes before serving.
© Little Broken. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission or claim my work as your own. Feel free to Pin, Tweet, Facebook and share away with a link back to the recipe post. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link back to this recipe.