Golden brown portabello mushrooms, buttery noodles, and almond packed pesto. Easy, rich, and delicious comfort food! Brutal cold days, snow (a lot of snow) and hibernation is officially in effect for us. Also known as February. One good thing about February is that it involves a lot of comfort eating; soups, chilies, stews, and buttery noodle dishes. We are, after all, in hibernation, right?
PORTABELLOS ~ meaty, tender chunks of love as I like to call them. Low in calories, super filling, rich and juicy. All of the above ↑ together in about 30 minutes = your dinner. You will thank yourself. I promise.
As always, Make it. Snap it. Show it. Instagram @littlebrokenblog or snapchat → littlebrokenblg
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 2/22/16 – 3/27/16.
- 1 cup roasted unsalted whole almonds
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice 1 lemon
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 large portabella mushrooms, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 5 cups No Yolks @ Extra Broad Noodles
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- salt + pepper, to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a bowl of a food processor, combine all the ingredients and process until coarse paste is formed. Pesto will be on the thick side. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, combine butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced portabella mushrooms and saute for 10-13 minutes until tender and browned, turning couple times.
- While the mushrooms are sauteing, cook noodles according to package direction. Drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta water. Set aside.
- To the browned mushrooms, add almond pesto and the reserved pasta water, stirring to combine. Then add the cooked noodles. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Right before serving, sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan, if desired.